Saturday, October 11, 2008

Proud Mom Moment

I just have to share...
Kai had a game cancelled on Thursday night due to the weather.  It was going to be against his best friend, Hunter's team (the one game we REALLY wanted to play this season).  The coach wanted to reschedule the game for Sunday so I e-mailed and told him our preference would be Wednesday.  Today at the park the coach was talking about a Sunday game to the kids and Kai was the ONLY child to speak up and say, "coach Joe, we go to church on Sunday, I can't play on Sunday".  He kept trying to get his coaches attention, "Coach Joe, I go to church on Sunday".  I was so proud that at such a young age he'd stand up for his beliefs! :)

10 comments:

GINGERSPICE said...

That is so neat Jean! What a little example He is. Did the coach decide on Wednesday then or Sunday?

Do you have an email address that I can send something to you? I've been working on a project for the past 7 months and it involves people with disabilities. There is too much information to leave as a comment. I was thinking you might have some good suggestions....

Rebecca said...

You ARE a good mom!!! Way to go Kai! ♥

Nonna said...

Oh Jean, you should be so proud of Kai...those little comments from him to his coach were so brave...Way to CTR Kai !

Jenny Erazo said...

That is so cool Jean! Dilema solved huh?! So are they gonna play on Weds?

Jean McKendrick said...

They unfortunately are playing the game today (Sunday at 3:00). I think I am more sad than Kai that we won't get to play Hunter's team. We make sure and get the boys together whenever we can so we create "special time" for them.
I am very proud of Kai and what he stands for! Sometimes you wonder if anything you teach your kids actually gets through. :)

Jenilee Sizemore said...

Go Kai! That is so awesome that he already knows to keep the Sabbath day Holy. What a great example you must be setting for him to know that at such a young age. :D

Timalee said...

What a sweet experience.

Jenni said...

Way to go Kai!!

Patti said...

nice! He is such a sweet kid!

carson said...

That IS a proud moment.