Friday, September 19, 2008

Matt's toy



These pictures date back about 8 months.  Matt got a new "toy" for Christmas last year and he was so excited to use it that it flew all the way across the country with us.  He, Lance, and Jim went up in the mountains to shoot over the holidays.  He has been to shooting school twice since we've lived here, he's so good he creamed us all on the buzz lightyear ride at Disney last time we went.  :) Kind of a funny story, the other day Kai had to come up with and draw a picture of something that rhymes with "fun" so naturally for a kindergarten child you would think the answer would be "sun".  Oh no, Kai said, "gun" and wanted to draw a picture of a gun on his paper.  I didn't think that would be such a great idea, I didn't want child protective services knocking on my door so we agreed on "sun".  Matt's job out here is to design duty gear, holsters, etc. for police officers/military that's why all the gun talk.

6 comments:

Jenny Erazo said...

Is he in Pendleton in that picture? I wondered why he had the coat on.

Jean McKendrick said...

That was outside of Pilot Rock somewhere.

Nonna said...

Cool "toy" !

I think everyone should do a gun safety course and then learn how to shoot a handgun and a rifle.

We're going shooting sometime this month, if we can find the time !

Jean McKendrick said...

You like to shoot huh Lynn? Matt keeps telling me I need to learn how to shoot.

Nonna said...

Yes,Jean, I love to shoot...I prefer hand guns...rifles and shotguns are really heavy. It is really fun !

amber said...

Kai is too funny! I'm sure Carson wishes he had a toy like that.