Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Cutting the cheese



So I come around the corner to Kaden standing at the counter with two knives in his hand, butter knife in one, steak knife in the other (he was supposed to be eating lunch) and he said "I cutting the cheese".  Sure enough, he was trying to cut cheese slices for himself.  He is very independent, wanting to do everything himself ("I do it") but a lot of times it's things that put him in danger.  He told me the other day he's a "kid" not a baby.
You wonder why I drop from exhaustion every evening.

7 comments:

Marybeth said...

That's my guy! It's so much fun (and work) when they try to do things by themselves. Makes you wonder how we all managed to grow up in such a dangerous world.

Nonna said...

Oh, no...what a KID !

Boys are always a challenge, but they're worth it !

Jenni said...

What a good helper!

Jean McKendrick said...

Thanks for all your comments, Jenni, your positive attitude is always encouraging to me. Lynn, having all the experience you do with boys helps me know I can survive this stage and have good kids.
Marybeth, that's exactly the comment I made to a friend at play group the other day, it's amazing we all survived growing up. Did you start a blog?

Timalee said...

Jean I laughed when I read this. Jace does the same thing. I know that doesn't help when you think they are going to cut a finger off but I think it's just normal!

Ahren Carpenter and Family said...

Wow he is so big now! How sad they do grow up fast! On the baby thing...So far from baby mode it is not funny that is way too much work to go through again. I don't think I have that in me anymore. My kids have used up all my patience no room for any more....I love them and look at the pic's and don't remember the waking up all hours of the night and diapers. It all came back to me with the baby crazy comment! Thanks

Dianna said...

Hey Jean! What "grown up" little boys you have!! My "little" boy cuts the cheese, too, but it's not as cute...