Saturday, September 27, 2008

Kai the catcher





Today Kai's team had a practice game in preparation for opening day next Saturday.  He had to play catcher first and was not so thrilled about it.  He kept telling me, "mom, I'm hot", "mom, this mask keeps moving on my face", "mom, why do I have to do this?" and then when I moved away from the fence to get away from the whining he would yell, "coach Joe, I don't want to do this".  Thankfully he had to do it only one inning.  We spent 2 1/2 hours at the ball park today.  We don't give the kids pop, but out of desperation Matt drove to McDonalds and got Kaden one.  He was a much happier camper after that.

2 comments:

Jenny Erazo said...

You will learn to love those long days at the ball park. Good for Kai for making it through the the whole inning. It does get so hot inside thehelmet.

Jean McKendrick said...

I am sure it is hot, yesterday was like a summer day. Kai needs to learn to roll with it though and learn that sometimes in life you have to do things you don't want to.