Thursday, April 30, 2009

Broken Arm


We have our first official broken arm in the family. We were at McDonalds last night with some friends and Kai jumped off the play equipment and landed "just right". I wasn't sure it was broken, but after an off duty nurse looked at it and said if it were her kid she would take him to the hospital Matt took him to the children's hospital down town. Initially there was a lot of crying but once he calmed down Kai has been a trooper through the experience. He has a temporary wrap on his arm and the orthopedic doctor can't see him until Monday to put a permanent cast on.
He will not be able to finish out the baseball season but we plan to be there to cheer the team on through the play offs.
We think when he gets the cast he will be in it for approximately 6 weeks (just in time for swimming season thankfully). It was his left arm which is good since he is right handed.

7 comments:

Jenny Erazo said...

Poor Kai! Sounds like he was brave!

Mel said...

Get used to those--with boys, they tend to break something or another. But then again, my girls are just as rowdy. Way to be so brave, Kai.

Rebecca said...

Oh no! Poor kid :(

Sara said...

He looks bummed. I hope he thinks his cast is cool, I know I would!

Shae said...

Oh no! That is so sad! I am glad he'll be good to go in time for swimming though!

jessica said...

I love that picture, his expression says it all...Happy Healing!

Jenny said...

Jean,

I feel your pain or at least Devin has felt Kai's. She broke her arm when she was just 2 at the play area in the mall (in Colo springs). It took me two days and a pediatric ortho to finally figure out what was wrong. Thank goodness we have amazing bodies that can fix themselves.