Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The cast




Kai got his cast put on yesterday at the orthopedic clinic. What happened to the days when you just went to the primary care doctor and they "did it all" there? From the time we left until the time we got home it was FOUR HOURS! Thankfully Matt was able to watch Kaden or I would've been a wreck. Kai did really well, they took more x-rays and then put his cast on. He chose ORANGE! At least it matches his Giants uniform. :) He can't play on the play ground equipment and is not supposed to go to P.E. I talked to his teacher today and I think I will send him with his DS so he has something to look forward to when the other kids are having fun. The hardest part of this all is keeping him down. He is dying to climb, run, play, jump! The doctor's office told me you can order something to go over the cast so he can get wet. We might have to do that! It's getting hot here and swimming is one of his favorite things to do.

7 comments:

Mel said...

WOW. How cool is that. Bright orange-you don't have to worry about losing him with that color. It is a pain to have to shower and not get it wet-M was thrilled when she got it off so I didn't have to wash her hair for her anymore.

Jenny Erazo said...

I tired to comment yesterday and couldn't get past the verification part so I am going to give this another try...NICE cast! How is he doing with it? Bummer that he can't play in the play-offs but good that you are taking him to cheer his team on! Tell him Aunt Jenny LOVES the color of his cast!

Leslie said...

He would fit right in with ORANGE around here......that is if your are a Bronco's fan.

Jenny Erazo said...

DOesn't look like the cast is slowing him down one bit!

Loralee said...

Oh no! Not fun - what a way to start the warm weather, but love the orange color!

GINGERSPICE said...

Hi Jean!

Gosh, that stinks Kai broke his arm! Poor kid, I broke mine at his age and it was awful! Seeing all those pictures at the beach makes me want to come for a visit! It's so hot here and we have no beach to cool off at.

Paisley is sleeping through the night, gosh it's so wonderful! She has been a pretty good sleeper from the beginning though.

Your dining room looks fabulous! I wish I had the motivation to paint, painting is the worst for me! Nice job :)

Any fun plans for the summer?

Nonna said...

Good choice on the Color of your cast Kai...my favorite color...get that arm healed up so you can have a really fun summer !