Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring Break





It was my goal this year to set the house work aside and do something "fun" each day of spring break with the kids. Despite the torrential rains we experienced we had a pretty busy week. We started out by seeing Monsters vs. Aliens which Kai loved (me, I thought it was marginal). Monday we went hiking with some friends to a marsh which the kids thoroughly enjoyed. Kaden was a trooper and hiked the whole way, just telling me toward the end he was getting tired. Tuesday we went to the park and played all morning with friends. Wednesday it totally rained so we baked and frosted Easter cookies and rented Beverly Hills Chihuahua. Thursday a friend invited us to the zoo so we quickly took her up on the offer. Friday I ventured out to the beach by myself with the kids, it was BEAUTIFUL and the kids had a ball. All in all I think it was a pretty fun week. It's kind of nice the kids are getting a little older so we can just go in a minutes notice without worrying about naps, diapers, strollers, baby food. I think we'll stay pretty busy this summer, mostly in the pool since, as Steph put it, "the Africa weather" is coming.
My camera is "crapping" out so I didn't get a lot of pictures this week. :(

6 comments:

Jenny Erazo said...

Looks like you guys had a fun week! The kids are out this week on thier break but I still have classes and work so they will do a lot of fun things....at home! Kai looks so cute with that front tooth out:-)

jessica said...

Oh the thought of weather warm enough to wear swimming suits makes me want to cry....

Sounds like a great week. Way to discipline yourself with nixing the cleaning.

Jenilee Sizemore said...

So fun! I love the group pic of all the kids. :D

SJCBCfamily said...

I'm so jealous, how close are you to the beach? What a fun week. I got stuck working while Cooper had his spring break this week.
How's life otherwise? Sorry I haven't chatted with you for a while, life is so much more busier than I want it to be.
So do you plan on coming back to Utah this year at all?

Sara said...

Sounds like a really fun Spring Break! What a fun mom you are! I can't wait for the day when all my kids are potty-trained and not taking naps anymore. It will be a while for us:) Our Spring Break is this week. I hope to be able to do fun things, but who knows how I'll feel when I'm scheduled to have my baby next Wed. We'll see how it goes.

Phillip & Diana Steffes said...

How can you miss Colorado when you have beaches like that! I'm so jealous, but not enough to move back to California :)