Monday, February 2, 2009

Before and After







So I finally got brave and painted the kitchen.  Not only did I paint it but I got bold and added a touch of red!! Harmony, never thought you'd see the day eh? You must be rubbing off on me.
Our first house in Providence, ALL WHITE walls, "apple peel" to be exact.  Next, the CO house, lots of color but not by our choosing.  Now, the FL house and we are finally warming up to the idea of color.  It really does change the look and add personality.  I guess I was just into the "sterile" look but have come to realize the house can still look clean without the white walls.  :)
I have also come to realize color hides dirty little finger prints better.

10 comments:

Jenni said...

Love it!! I also thought I would never see the day that you would paint a wall red. Impressive. I just don't know you anymore!!!

Nonna said...

Wow, what a big difference that makes...like a classy bistro...it looks FAB !

Jenny Erazo said...

VERY NICE! Color is fun but don't go getting all crazy now!:-)

doodooguru said...

I likie. the crappy part was were the ceiling and wall meet huh? It looks great.

jessica said...

Oh I am such a fan of color. My kitchen is a very similar red. I'm the resident color consultant around here and I totally approve!

Rebecca said...

I love it!!!

Timalee said...

Now that you have ventured outside of your comfort zone what will you paint next?

GINGERSPICE said...

I love that red color, it's beautiful Jean! Nice pick!

I just have to say how much I adore you. You are always so quick to read new posts and comment! I can always count on hearing from you :)

Thank you for being so great and interested in my life. Of all people, someone you met over 10 years ago and you are always so ready to have some wonderful comments and insight. You are so amazing Jean.

MJ said...

Love the color! Color really is an inexpensive way to add some life. Very, very nice!

amber said...

Looks great! Painting is my fav thing to do because it can make such a HUGE difference!