Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Restitution

So many of you know of our horrendous trip out west at Christmas time. I really felt they owed us for all that went terribly wrong. I e-mailed United about a month ago and never got a response from them. When Jaime and Jan were here and able to help watch the kids, (I knew I couldn't get on the phone and concentrate let alone understand "Rameed" if I was chasing Kaden) I made the call. I ended up getting vouchers (which I have not yet seen) for $250 a person (so $1000 total) toward our next trip. I wasn't mean and nasty, I just stated the facts and held my ground. It pays to be persistent and follow through.

6 comments:

Jenny Erazo said...

So when are you guys coming to Utah??? I graduate next spring!:-)

Nonna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nonna said...

Way to stand your ground Jean...I'm proud of you !!!

jessica said...

Good For You! I hope you use those tickets for a fun trip.

Rebecca said...

Good for you! We had a terrible experience with American Airlines, and...get this...they don't even have a phone number to call and complain! Just email...and, of course, they did NOTHING! Good for you for sticking to your guns!

Mel said...

WOW! That is great. Now you can go somewhere totally fun with just you and Matt. Get a babysitter for the kids and splurge!