Friday, October 8, 2010

Freedom



This school year marks a new chapter in my life. Both boys went to school this fall. Kaden went to Pre K and Kai's in second grade. Kaden goes for 3 hours every morning. We have to rush out of the house every morning and I spend a lot of time on the road transporting them to and from school (they go to different schools), but it's so worth it. I can finally go to the grocery store alone, have a thought to myself, come home to QUIET house, clean something and have it stay clean temporarily. A lot of times I don't even come home though until after I pick up Kaden. It's just so nice to go shopping without needing to take someone to the bathroom, leave because someone is bored, entertain someone in the cart... Don't get me wrong, I love my kids. Eight years ago I quit a wonderful job with the State of Utah and moved from a place loved dearly so I could stay home when Kai was born, but DANG it's nice to have some time for myself again. I got my first massage this fall. It has totally helped with my back pain (I wasn't so sure at first but I've had a relatively pain free month). Both kids are happy and doing well in school. I signed up to help with the PTA this year and offered to help in Kai's class. I don't want to schedule up too much of my free time though. :) The first day of school was fun, Matt took Kaden, I took Kai and then we met for breakfast. This might have to become a yearly tradition on the first day of school.

7 comments:

Mel said...

Oh, you will enjoy it---I promise. Just wait til they are both full time and then you can party :) You find the day will fly by and you will not get it all done, but there is something to say about doing "whatever" all alone. Have fun with that! You will!

Jenni said...

Yeah!

Sara said...

Jean, I hope you are enjoying your peaceful shopping trips:) I can't wait until that's me!!!!!

Rebecca said...

That sounds like a great tradition!

And I'm happy to hear about the massage...they can be a pain (literally!) at first, but pure BLISS once your body gets used to it!

Jai said...

What handsome boys! I know the truth though, they are wild men at heart.

doodooguru said...

I can't relate. I can't even imagine, what that feeling would be like.

Travis bought me a massage long before we had kids and I was hooked. Unfortunately they cost money, a lot of it, so I can't get them everyday like I want. I can't even get them when they tell me to come back. My back hurts just thinking about not getting one!

Happy Freedom to you.

jessica said...

Enjoy Every Moment!!!!! I have a few years before I will be able to taste the sweetness of freedom, but I'm cool with it...most days.