Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Curious George



Kai's teacher asked me to decorate a pumpkin for their class for the school's literacy night last night. I am always willing to help with whatever the kids' teachers need so I quickly agreed to do it. Like I have a creative/artistic bone in my body! Just a quick bit of history, never was able to draw a straight line with a ruler in elementary school, and the art class I took in college, NOT my idea of a good time. Talk about torture. SO thankfully I have a creative/artistic husband (although he won't admit it) who happily took on the task. I think he did a pretty good job! He did "Curious George takes a job". Our kids love Curious George and we have had our collection of Curious George stories since before they were born.

11 comments:

Buff Granny said...

Good job Matt! Did you get to keep the pumpkin?

Jai said...

Very Cool, I am envious he's so talented.

Sara said...

How cute is that! My kids love curious george also. They would love to have that pumpkin:) If I were creative I would make it for them.

jessica said...

Those are some skillz! I LOVE it!

Mel said...

Very good! Way to go Matt...I mean Jean!! :)

Jenny Erazo said...

NICE! You guys could start a pumpkin walk in Florida! I can't wait to see Kai's pinewood derby car. I am pretty sure he will win every year!

Jenni said...

Love it!

Rebecca said...

That's really cute!

Nonna said...

Wow, great job Matt...all of those pumpkins are awesome !

Shae said...

I am so grateful for this post because I just found out we are doing one for Kara's school!! I think we are going to try to do rapunzel...I am like you and I don't think I am creative (even though you are Jean!!) so I am going to enlist Jeremy's help!

Loralee said...

That is an awesome pumpkin!