Thursday, September 30, 2010

"Faith is like a little seed..."



Matt has been begging me to post this for a couple months now. I don't know what my problem is, I think I ran out of steam for keeping the blog up. The summer came and went and I was exhausted from trying to keep the kids busy and entertained. Then school started and I got a sweet taste of freedom, something I haven't experienced in 8 years.
Anyway, in primary (church) the chorister taught the kids a song called "Faith" and one of the lines says, "faith is like a little seed, if planted it will grow". She brought a seed she had planted in a cup that had sprouted to show the kids. Kaden was intrigued by this, and "Faith" quickly became his favorite song (which he often sings at the top of his lungs). We went to a ward social this summer and someone brought watermelon that had ginormous seeds. Kaden carefully dug his out and placed them in a cup. His intent was to bring them home to plant. He had the faith they would grow. Matt looked up the growing season for watermelon on the internet and it certainly wasn't the middle of summer in Florida, but to appease Kaden he helped him plant them anyway. It wasn't long before we saw the watermelon sprouting!! We were shocked to tell you the truth. Now his watermelon plant is flowering and several feet long. I am thankful for the faith of my little 4 year old and I am thankful for a primary leader who shared her testimony with my kids.

6 comments:

Jenni said...

Impressive!

jessica said...

Way to actually follow through...good job mom!

Sara said...

That is awesome! I am especially impressed because I can't grow anything. I kill everything I try to grow. It's amazing my kids are still alive:)

Buff Granny said...

I too am thankful for primary leaders and faithful parents that teach my grandchildren gospel truths. May the Lord bless you for caring for His little ones!

sjchunko said...

I love it when our kids' innocence reminds us about important lessons. Such an awesome story!

Jai said...

save a bite for me. I am envious, we are starting to pull everything out because it's getting cold!