Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Swim Trunks and Silly Bandz



Seems these days this is all I see my kids in, swim trunks and silly bandz. We have managed to keep very busy with summer (beach, movies, swimming, bowling, library and more swimming). I haven't been the best at carrying a camera around with me however. Silly bandz are "all that" with the kids here this summer. It started just before the school year ended. Basically, jelly bracelets reinvented but in different shapes (animals, planets, letters, movie characters, etc). They are actually cool and girls AND boys wear them. They were banned from bringing them to school because the kids wouldn't stop playing with them, and I see the kids at church trading between classes and before and after primary. It has been fun for my kids, except when Kai secretly tries to add to his collection from Kaden's stash.

5 comments:

Jenni said...

Sounds like a great summer. I have heard about silly bands but I have not seen them yet.

Nonna said...

Fun summer Jean !
I want some silly bands too...where can I get some ?
BTW, start carrying your camera more...I love seeing photos of what you all are up to !!!

Melissa said...

Yes we have lots of Silly Bands around here too. My sister started their collection and then they got some Disney Princess and Cars for their birthdays. Having a hard time though keeping them all together and away from Noelle and the cat.

jessica said...

I haven't heard about silly bands yet...we are still in the glitter ball stage. I wish my kids were swimming everyday, it's just barely been warm enough to swim this week!

soccerfamily said...

I'm bracing myself for these at school this year! They started coming around at the end of the school year here in Colorado too. Did you know that Target has a generic version of them in their dollar section? You can't even tell the difference between the "real" ones and the cheapo ones (Target sells the "real" ones by the trading cards).