Sunday, June 6, 2010

INTRUDER ALERT!!!



I was having a nice, peaceful Sunday morning UNTIL... I went to put a towel away in the hall closet and saw this little darlin' slither underneath the door! I jumped back screaming, woke Kaden up, jolted Matt out of a dead sleep. Snakes are one of my worst fears. I have always, always been afraid of them.
We have no idea how he got in. What's worse, Kai had seen him earlier (before I woke up) and said, "I thought it was a worm". I can't believe it didn't phase him! We think he had one thing on his mind, "Super Mario 2" and he didn't want to stop to bother with the snake.
I think Matt dislikes snakes as much as I do but he was more rational about the situation. He sat there and designed/constructed a snake noose so he could get him safely out of the house. I stood back and watched, broom in hand. I've been able to swat a lizard or two out of the house with my trusty broom and it leaves a good distance between me and the reptiles. If the vacuum hose would've worked I may have tried to suck the snake up.
Might I add our cat, Onyx, was no help, she's afraid of them too!

Kaden often walks around the house often times chanting "intruder awert, intruder awert", thus the title.

12 comments:

Buff Granny said...

OK, I'm not coming out to see you until you have removed ALL creepy crawly things from your closets! I would have had a fatal heart attack. I HATE snakes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buff Granny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
doodooguru said...

yuck, yuck, yuck. I would over-react with a snake in my house, especially one that size. yay for Matt coming up with a clever way to get rid of him. My idea would have involved a meat clever and bucket!

Jai said...

Sweet, snacks are awesome!! I would have had your back.

Ahren Carpenter and Family said...

I think I would have a heart attack and die if that happened to me!!

Leslie said...

Hey Jean we had the same problem in a house we rented in Oregon. Tongs work really well for getting rid of snakes. You just don't feel like using them afterwards for other things.

Jenni said...

So, so, sorry. Traumatizing!

Nonna said...

Scary situation but not a fatal type snake. Kudos to you all for just putting him back outside. I used to have a neighbor who killed good snakes like that all the time ! Animals seem to have a natural instinct to stay clear of snakes but when it comes to video games like super Mario, even a kid will overlook them to get playing !

AbbaZabba82 said...

I would have died. You know that!!!

Loralee said...

I told you this was my nightmare that came true, but in your house not mine. I've dreamt about it twice again...I HATE snakes. So glad Matt was there to take care of it.

jessica said...

YIKES!!!!! I would have freaked out for sure! I'm not sure if Aric could have handled it either...

Shae said...

I love that Kai thought it was a worm! This is my worst nightmare too!