Thursday, June 3, 2010

Never, Never, Never...


Never, never, never have a major injury the few days of the fiscal year. For those who don't remember, our 3 year old at the time, broke his leg on the trampoline the second day after we arrived in Oregon for Christmas break. The actual date was December 23, 2009. I have a $1000 deductible per person/per year (that's after we already pay a HUGE amount for insurance each month). Let me remind you we paid the $1000 for Kai's broken arm in 2009. Anyway, I am thinking I'm good, bills started rolling in from Oregon after we got home in January and I pay my $1000. Of course he had to have follow up in Jacksonville in January so I was thinking it'd all be covered, minus 20%, because I'd already paid my $1000, right? Last month I got ANOTHER $1100 bill from the clinic in Jacksonville. After calling the insurance they explained I hadn't met my 2010 DEDUCTIBLE for Kaden. Sick and wrong. Made me mad. I waited until I got my second notice to mail the bill in. In fact it's sitting in the mail box with a stamp on it. If anyone would like to pay it for me I will quickly go out and remove my check.
Let's pray for no broken bones in 2010.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Are you KIDDING ME??? That's just WRONG!

Nonna said...

Oh, NO !!!
I really get how you are feeling. I had 2 root canals in February, over $2,500 in bills and a couple of weeks ago, our oral surgeon's office called to say we still owed another $400.00 insurance didn't pay. It's been a rough few months...

Jenny Erazo said...

THAT SUCKS!

Leslie said...

Yeah that stinks. Insurance is one of those necessary evils in my opinion especially when you have kids.

Sara said...

So sorry, Jean. That really stinks.

Mel said...

All I can say is YUCK!!!!!!