Thursday, February 11, 2010

Wonderful, Wicked Weekend



Matt and I went away for the first time in 7 years this weekend (I've never left my kids with anyone, except for the night I left Kai to have Kaden. Kai has had sleepovers but never Kaden. Matt surprised me with tickets to Wicked for Christmas. I saw it last spring in Jacksonville with a friend and LOVED it. I was excited for Matt to be able to see it too. We went to Tampa, saw the show, had a nice dinner at Ruth's Chris and stayed over night! It was much needed, long over due break! Nice to be able to talk without being interrupted, nice not to have to buckle anyone in but myself when I got in the car, nice to eat a meal without worrying about the kids making a mess, not sitting still or being too loud, nice to wake up without having any demands placed upon me immediately. It was wonderful! We need to get away more often. I think I was most proud of myself for breaking down and leaving the kids. They were in good hands, their Grandpa and Grandma McKendrick came and stayed at our house with them. Grandpa made them pancakes for breakfast, a memory I am sure they will have forever. I still remember my Grandpa O'Dell making us girls pancakes when we went to visit him.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

It is much needed to get away for a night or two without kids. I love it when we can do that. I am glad you were able to enjoy your time with your hubby.

Jenni said...

So fun!

Mel said...

I am so glad that you got to do that! We like Wicked too. You need to get away every year from the kids--preferrably for a whole week, but over night will do too.

jessica said...

SOOOOO JEALOUS!!! YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!!!

I have been wanting to see Wicked for years! It finally came to Seattle but we couldn't go because of family stuff. Maybe next year.

jessica said...

Oh and we are going to North Port. Aric's parents live there. We are taking the kiddos to Disney World for a few days too.

Loralee said...

So glad you got away! :)