Wednesday, December 30, 2009

It has been awhile

We have had somewhat of an unusual December. The first part of the month was spent as normal, shopping, baking, wrapping, sending out cards and attending parties. The week before we were supposed to leave for Oregon Kai came home from school with the flu!! Matt hurried and took him in the same night he came down with the symptoms and got him some tamiflu which worked really well. We were nervous it would one, rip through the rest of the family or two, Kai wouldn't be well enough to fly. Kai had to miss the last few days of school. Kaden got a killer cold a few days later but no flu. Matt came down with that killer cold the day before we flew. Yes, he flew sick. He was pretty miserable. The trip went off without a hitch this year which was wonderful. Just a loonnngg day. The day after we got here Kaden was having fun with his cousins, jumping on the trampoline and broke his leg! We are not quite sure what happened, we think someone may have jumped on his leg?? Anyway, he's in a cast and will be for the next 5-6 weeks. Merry Christmas to Kaden! The ER orthopedic doc that attended to Kaden was actually here visiting from Colorado Springs (checking the area out to see if he wants to move here). We just finished paying off Kai's $1,000+ arm now onto Kaden's bills. I have absolutely no pictures, I think I need a new disk. Mine keeps telling me it's full after just a few pictures are taken. Hope y'all had a Merry Christmas!

7 comments:

Sara said...

Jean, So sorry to hear about Kaden's leg. That puts a little cramp in your Christmas vacation. I hope you're enjoying the time with your family even with a broken leg. Wish we were closer to Oregon so we could get together.
Happy New Year!

Jenny Erazo said...

Poor Kaden! Is it getting any easier to get him around? Enjoy your last few days there!

Mel said...

Life with boys! That is all I can say. I am sure you had a great Christmas anyway and are enjoying family. I am jealous about that.

jessica said...

I'm glad your traveling was uneventful...sorry about the sickness and the injury. I hope you had fun in Oregon. I hate how you are so close but still so far away!

Nonna said...

I knew I had missed something when I read on facebook about Kaden's broken leg. Bummer... I am so sorry...poor little guy !

BTW,
I do not like trampolines at all !

My daughter has her 4 year old in an open cast and in a wheelchair for 4 - 6 weeks. His sister slammed his foot in the door and he cannot put any weight or strain on the stitches or plastic surgery so he's sleeping downstairs and they have to put him on and off the toilet etc.

Carlson Family said...

Hey Jean. Sorry about Kaden. How is the family doing after the cold? We have had it here too. Also, I didn't mention this in my blog, I probably will later. But my daughter, the day before Christmas, she decided to cut her hair. She found some scissors in the bathroom that her Aunt accidentally left in there, she got a hold of them and took a huge chunk of her bangs off and then the side of her hair was stripped as well. So we had to cut her hair real short. And it used to be long. I wasn't happy about it. But I will have to deal with it. I just wanted to know, are you following my blog? I know I am following yours. But I was just curious.
Let me know how your New years went. Ours was okay. We stayed home, watched movies and played games. We weren't in the mood to go out this time to do much. But we had fun at home.

Trishelle said...

Hi there!! Your blog looks great!! I'm so glad you had such a great vacation...I'm just so sorry about Kaden's leg! He's such a cute kid!