Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Rotten Sandwich

Every day Kaden and I pick Kai up from school and we can see him through the doors before he even walks out. He most always is anxious to greet us unless he "got his card flipped" (meaning he wasn't listening or was doing something he shouldn't) that day and then his head hangs down. I don't even need to ask him. Anyway, today he came straight out the door and said in ALL SERIOUSNESS, "mom, you gave me a rotten sandwich today, the bread was brown" and I assured him that I didn't, but that I sent WHEAT bread instead of white. He said he didn't like it (my guess is he didn't even try it). My picky, picky, ocd little boy (wonder where he gets it from). He saw it wasn't the "same" as every other day and went into panic mode. It was pretty cute though and had the other teachers who overheard laughing.

4 comments:

Jenny Erazo said...

that's funny! the only way I can get my kids to eat wheat bread is when I toast it!!

jessica said...

The trick is you never let your kids know that there is such thing as white bread!...Silly Girls...

Seriously, I had to learn to like wheat bread when I was in college. So when I had kids I decided all they would know is brown bread, minus any nuts or crunchy grains...EW! Aric had to learn to love it when he married me. Well recently he found some "whole wheat white bread" yes it really does exist...my girls love it! It's hard to find so we don't eat it very often.

Loralee said...

:) Poor kid (and funny for you!). For the first six months of Kindergarten, Madelyn only wanted half a peanut butter sandwich - no jam - in her lunch. I think it became a security object for her...she always knew what to expect in her lunch.

Ahren Carpenter and Family said...

I haven't read your blog in a while that is so funny about the rotten sandwich. It looks like spring break was a blast at the beach and I love your dining room. I am so impressed with your colors in your house. I remember teasing you many years ago about all your white walls! Now it is me with all the white walls.....