Saturday, January 30, 2010

"If it snowed in Jacksonville"



This paper actually melted my heart when it came home from school. We had a really good time in Oregon at Christmas time. The boys LOVED spending time with my family and there were lots of tears shed the night before we left and the morning we flew out at o dark thirty. I could hear Kai sobbing in the dark on the plane from Pendleton to Portland. Quietly sobbing though is an improvement over last year in the airport, "I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE PENDLETON" so everyone was staring at us. Meanwhile I was crying too and couldn't say anything. I think Kai was actually fully prepared to let Matt, Kaden and I fly back home this year and him stay and go to school with his cousins. Now he just tells me he wishes we could move our house and our yard to Pendleton.
Anyway, while we were there Kai and Grandpa Gailey built a "snow alien". Thus the paper from school.
Translation- "If it snowed in Jacksonville I would make an snow alien. I would lick snow when it falls from the sky."

8 comments:

Sara said...

Aren't you glad you got to make those great memories. Kai is going to keep that one forever! Great pic of Kai and his grandpa with their snow alien!

Jenni said...

Poor Kai. I feel so bad for him!

Shae said...

Oh Jean...that is so sweet! I'm so glad you got to go for Christmas...just wish the traveling wasn't such a nightmare!

Nonna said...

Awwww...

jessica said...

Funny how I used to cry everyday when I lived in Pendleton because I couldn't wait to LEAVE! His paper is so cute, I'm sure it is hard to live so far away from family.

So I am glad it doesn't snow in Florida because I am going to be there in a few weeks!

amber said...

What a cutie! I love playing in snow for a week and then I'm done with it.

Trishelle said...

That is seriously so adorable!!
It's the epitome of all things childhood. Funny thing is, that's exactly what we adults are wishing for!

Trishelle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.