Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Boiled WHAT?


Living in the south is different from living out west and we have slowly become accustomed to new ways. Kaden's buddy, Suzie, LOVES boiled peanuts (yah, you read that right) and it wasn't until a baseball game last season I tried them. Yuck, soggy nuts! Well, my little Kaden has become a boiled peanut fan. His memories of baseball will be drinking "flushies" (slushies) and eating boiled peanuts with Suzie. I will just be thrilled when he learns to open them on his own because I don't like the juice that comes out on my fingers when I go to crack one open. Nuts should be hard and crunchy shouldn't they?
Something else about the south I thought was funny is they serve SWEET TEA everywhere you go. I am even thinking it's at Chipotle.

7 comments:

Jenni said...

What does boiling do for a peanut?

Jenny Erazo said...

GROSS! Someone in my ward brought some a few months ago and they were really yucky. Thats funny that Kaden likes them!

doodooguru said...

They not only sound gross, they look gross. Soggy anything is gross. Gross, gross, gross!

On a different note, Kaden and Kai looked good for Halloween and the decor in you home looked fun!

Happy Holidays.

Mel said...

OK, that is just plain gross. Nuts are suppose to crunch

sjchunko said...

Oh but I miss the sweet tea! Can't find any good sweet tea out here in Salt Lake! Chic-fil-a is as close as it gets!

Nonna said...

I love really salty,crunchy peanuts but have tried the boiled ones...no way...they remind me of my dislike for roasted chestnuts this time of year too.

Have to hand it to Kaden...boiled peanuts are not for whimps like me !

Unknown said...

Boiled peanuts and sweet tea = HAPPINESS!
I remember when I was young and going up north...it was so strange to me that restaurants didn't serve sweet tea. You had to add those little sugar packets and that's just not the same. :)