Saturday, August 29, 2009

Little Lizzy



For those of you non Floridians these little lizards are ALL OVER the place. I remember house hunting and being so freaked out because you just walk by the bushes and you hear them scurrying around, they cross your path as you go to walk out the door, they even wait for you on the mail box. It still kind of does freak me out when they get in the house but I have learned how to get them out. Well, since we have gotten the pool they love to sun themselves on the ladder (which we take out when the kids get out). I typically try and look at both sides, give it a little shake down before I put it back in the pool. Apparently I missed, little Lizzy, poor unfortunate soul, because the second the ladder hit the water I heard the flutter in the water. They are fast swimmers!!! A minute before these pictures were taken she was laying on her side with one front and one back leg sticking out of the water. Don't worry, I got her out with the net and freed her.

5 comments:

Jenny Erazo said...

EWWW! I really don't think that I could handle that:-(

Leslie said...

It is interesting what fun critters each area can have. My boys think your rescued lizard looks cool. They would be out there grabing it.

Jenilee Sizemore said...

You are a lot kinder than I would've been. I probably would've left him in there to fend for himself. Little lizards...yuck! Hey, you said you drugged your cats? With what? Zeus will definately need to be drugged. I was gonna get some children's Tylenol and give it to him in a dropper. I don't know though. What's your advice?

Timalee said...

Lizzy is cute. We have lizards everywhere too. I'm glad you got her out safely.

Jenilee Sizemore said...

Aww, I wish I could be there for the Primary Program. Hey, I forgot to put on the blog that I got a calling before I even moved here. Guess what it is? Primary pianist! Fun times. My first Sunday, which is this Sunday I will be sustained. Our Primary program is October 13th I think. Just in time.