Monday, December 15, 2008

Early Christmas






We are going to Oregon for Christmas in two days (and it's SNOWING there) so we decided to exchange gifts before we left.  Kai got home from school and has been asking me since he set foot in the car when we would be opening them.  Of course we had to wait for dad to come home.
Kai has been really funny, all he wanted for Christmas was a toy called "Beast Bash".  We'd go to Toys R Us and he'd say, "I really hope that Beast Bash in under the tree".  Drawings that came home from school consisted of the "BEAST BASH".  We didn't let him open it first because we were afraid he would be done with that.  I love this age (for both boys), they are really easy to please and so fun to watch.  We got Kaden a Diego Scooter, he rode it in to brush his teeth, parked it near his bed and kept saying, "I love you" (to the scooter, not us).  
Matt put a lot of work into my Christmas this year, he put together pictures from our wedding (yes it has been almost 14 years and we have no framed pictures).  This was before the digital age so he had to use photo shop, blow up pictures, run to have them printed off, etc.  Very thoughtful! He also put together a frame with pictures of Kaden (we have one of Kai that Matt put together one Mother's Day but had none up of Kaden).

8 comments:

Jenny Erazo said...

What a great Christmas already! Very thoughtful of Matt to do that for you. Have fun in Oregon! I put the package in the mail this morningso it should make it!

Jamie said...

You were right! The pictures are beautiful...how creative of him :)
Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas...you'll be missed.

Rebecca said...

Well Merry Christmas! And way to go, Matt! That's such a thoughtful gift!

GINGERSPICE said...

What a great gift, that is so thoughtful coming from a guy. I love my husband, but he hasn't been very creative with his gift giving :)

I loved seeing those wedding pictures of you! You look so pretty. Do you still have all that long, curly hair?

Hope you have a great time in Oregon! Will it be Utah next year? :)

jessica said...

I'm so impressed with your husbands skills! I love your bridal picture...that is the Jean I remember...long curly hair and all!

Have fun in Oregon! I'm assuming you'll be in P-town. My family is all coming up here so I will miss you.

doodooguru said...

Ok, so I found your blog through Jenny's. Now your are never getting rid of me. Have fun in Oregon.

Anonymous said...

Jean . . . what a great present (the wedding pictures). I'll have to make sure Scott reads that so he'll get some ideas. Say "hi" to Oregon for me!!

Jenni said...

Merry Christmas to you!!