Friday, April 30, 2010

"Play Day"



I don't know if it's because it gets so hot here or what but the kids have their "play day" at school like 6 or 8 weeks before school gets out. When I was a kid we had "field day" the last day or so of school. I have gone both years and taken Kaden with me. He always has a ball and remembered it from last year. He loves to compete and enjoy the festivities of the day. He will be SO ready for kindergarten when he gets there.

Things that have changed since my childhood field days. We used to get ribbons for the races (1st, 2nd, 3rd). Now everyone's a winner. We did physical challenges like tug o war, sprints, etc. They had cup stacking, hopping on a bouncy ball, water balloon tosses (the running you see in the picture was the most physical event of the day).

6 comments:

Buff Granny said...

Cute pictures! They are getting so big. Tell them grandma says don't grow anymore before they come and see me.

jessica said...

I'm so jealous of the shorts and t-shirts I can hardly stand it!

Nonna said...

Fun ! Nice break for all the kids but why do they wait until it's so blasted hot out ???

Jenni said...

Looks like great weather right now!

Fobert Family said...

How cute your kids are! I love the leprachaun trap...I remember when Kalea made one last year, she was so hoping to catch a leprachaun! To answer your question, I got Kalea's letters at Woodland Manufacturing.com. I just love them, I can't wait to do it for the baby's room. Sorry about your cat too, nothing like a good cat. Happy Mother's Day to you!

Loralee said...

I'm soooooo glad they do it much earlier than the last week of school here. I'd be melting on the pavement now that it's so warm.