Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mohawk


Kai has been wearing his hair "spikey" to school for the past little while. What's funny to me about that is other little boys started showing up with their hair spiked. Last night after his bath he decided to style it in a mohawk. He has the thickest hair so it just stayed that way. He BEGGED me to put mousse in it and let him wear it that way to school this morning. It is against every fiber of my being to let him go out of the house like that but he was so serious about keeping it that way. I fixed it and couldn't stop laughing at him. He asked me why I was laughing and I said he looked funny. In all seriousness he turned around to me and said, "in a good way or a bad way?". I told him I didn't know how to answer that question.
I feel proud of myself for actually giving in, relinquishing some control. I mean what does it hurt, right?

8 comments:

Mel said...

Good for you--I know that was hard. But as long as he doesn't want it cut that way, things are all good. Boys are so funny sometimes.

Jenni said...

Glad to see he is such a trend setter.

jessica said...

Of course you had to give in!!!! I say we have enough battles to fight and we have to say no to so many things...this is totally a yes moment. Good for you!

Jenny Erazo said...

It is tough to give in but i totally agree with Jessica...there are so many other battles to fight :) I actually had to suck it up and let Alex grow his hair out:(

Rebecca said...

I think it's cute! And it's a faux-hawk...they're very "in" right now :)

Trishelle said...

ADORABLE!! Your little guy is such a trendsetter!! It's so fun to watch their personalities grow and flourish. Good for you for cultivating that!!

Nonna said...

Proud of you Jean...I have a hard time giving up control too !!!

He is so cute no matter what...his sweet little personality/likes/style sense is emerging and that is always good ! ( and he didn't ask for blue, green, red or purple hair, just mousse and to wear it that way to school )

I think his version of a Mohawk is great...last year our grandson Isaac got a real one and I couldn't wait 'til it grew out !!! ( Luckily he was over it too ! )

The Hoffman 5 said...

That's cute! Ammon and Jaxon both style their hair like that. The sad thing is Jeff does too. He started doing it about a year ago. it took me a while to get used to it. I see a lot of boys doing it like that now. I can't belive how big Kai is getting. he is so cute.