Monday, October 19, 2009

A pocket full




I was sitting on the bleachers watching Friday night's game and I looked up and saw Kai fumbling with his pants. I got a closer look and he had what I thought was a whole back pocket full of sand. His favorite past time in baseball is to play with the sand in the outfield. When he played catcher, he'd bend down to pick up the ball and make sure he got a hand full of sand in the process. Anyway, I jumped off the bleachers, ran to the fence and hollered at him to quit putting sand in his pants. He got up to bat and ran around the bases with a sagging bum. When he came out to talk to me he was playing with a rock. I put two and two together, he had that BOULDER in his pocket the whole game! His coach caught him playing with it earlier in the night and had thrown it out of his reach. Apparently Kai decided he must have this treasure for himself. He was so proud of himself for thinking he pulled a fast one on coach and mom!!

We had team snacks on Friday night and Kaden was insistent that he help pass the snacks out to the team.

6 comments:

Jenny Erazo said...

Oh my gosh...Kai looks so big! Glad to see an update. I have missed you guys. Thas' funny. I wonder how long it takes them to really get into the game. Alex opted out of baseball last year and he was still chasing butterflies in the outfield!:-)

jessica said...

WOW! That takes talent to play with a boulder in your pocket!

Jenni said...

Love the pictures!

Leslie said...

This is a good one Jean I got a good laugh. Boys are funny little characters.

Nonna said...

Boys, rocks and dirt of any kind...I had a laugh over that !

Sara said...

That is so funny! Boys have the funniest obsessions, don't they. My son cannot walk by a puddle of water without jumping in it. No matter how many times I tell him to stay out of the puddle:)